Call: +1 (416) 907-9721

If you have valid study permit from a post-secondary institution and are about to graduate or have graduated, you may apply for a postgraduate open work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) which will enable you to gain valuable Canadian work experience.

Skilled Canadian work experience in National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0 or skill level A or B that is gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class within Express Entry pool.

Students who have completed their program of study are allowed to work while they are waiting for a decision on their post-graduation work permit application, provided they meet the criteria.

COVID-19 changes to PGWP eligibility

There are temporary changes to the eligibility criteria for a PGWP because of COVID-19. Check the COVID-19 page for international students before you apply to get the most current information about who’s eligible.

Please contact us for more details